Pipeline Amendment Applications Moving to OneStopVIEW PDF (258.58 KB)
Release Date: Oct 19, 2017
October 19,2017- Please Note: In the second paragraph the reference has changed from IAR to the Electronic Application Submission (EAS) system.
On November 6, 2017, we are implementing a new online process for all pipeline amendments applications under the Pipeline Act using the OneStop platform.
The last day to submit applications for pipeline amendments using the Electronic Application Submission (EAS) system will be October 27, 2017. At that time, all submitted applications will be either processed or moved into OneStop.
If emergency operational issues arise between October 27 and November 6, please email PipelineOperations@aer.ca. Applications will be reviewed and considered on a case-by-case basis.
Any company intending to submit an application for pipeline amendments will need to ensure they have completed the following steps before attempting to access OneStop:
- Ensure you have a valid business associate (BA) code.
- Ensure you have a valid Digital Data Submissions (DDS) System account. You will use these credentials to log in to OneStop.
- Each operator’s assigned DDS administrators will need to assign new roles to their DDS users. Operators may continue to assign these roles to consulting companies who are submitting on behalf of the operator. The new roles are as follows:
- Submit Pipeline – enables users to use OneStop and submit new applications. Includes the Save Pipeline role.
- Save Pipeline – enables users to use OneStop and save draft applications. Includes the Search Pipeline role.
- Search Pipeline – enables users to access OneStop. The user cannot save or submit.
OneStop Pipeline Applications Training
On November 6, 2017, we will release quick reference guides that will explain how to submit pipeline amendment applications in OneStop. In addition to these guides, training sessions will be held at our Calgary head office and Edmonton regional office. This training is for pipeline licensing only. Public Lands Act applications are not affected. The sessions will include
- an overview of the AER Integrated Decision Approach (IDA),
- an overview of the application requirements,
- a demonstration of OneStop,
- some hands-on time with OneStop in a training environment, and
- an opportunity to ask questions.
Attendance is limited to two people per company, with a maximum of 24 attendees in each session.
To register for a session, please select a date and time from the list below. You will be redirected to Eventbrite.
Calgary | 250 5th Street SW | Check-in 10th Floor Security (capacity 24 people per session)
- Thursday, November 2 | 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 3 | 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, November 3 | 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 6 | 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, November 6 | 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 7 | 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 7 | 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Edmonton Regional Office | 4999 98th Avenue | 4th Floor (capacity 24 people per session)
For more information about the sessions, please contact Thea York.
For more information on the integrated decision approach, please visit http://aer.ca/applications-and-notices/integrated-decision-approach or contact the AER’s Customer Contact Centre by phone at 403-297-8311 (1-855-297-8311 toll free) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
<original signed by>
Senior Vice President