The AER is hosting an additional information session to introduce the Safety and Loss Management Systems Program (SMLS)
Due to high demand, the AER is hosting an additional information session in Calgary to introduce AER’s new Safety and Loss Management Systems Program (SMLS).
The program will evaluate the effectiveness of pipeline licensees’ safety and loss management systems (SLMS). It will also include components to provide the AER with leading key performance indictors (KPIs) on pipeline licensees’ integrity management programs (IMPs), which are an integral part of SLMS.
The purpose of the program is to reduce the number of pipeline incidents by raising awareness in, and prompting action by, industry to ensure that effective SLMS, including IMPs, are in place.
This session is intended for senior staff who have overall responsibility for SLMS at the company and for those who will be involved in the details of the program.
The session will include:
- an overview of how the new program will work;
- an overview of how the program will be implemented;
- details of the SLMS self-assessment form, which is part of the new program;
- AER-focussed reviews of SLMS; and
- an opportunity to ask questions.
To register, select the information session below:
- Tuesday, May 16 | 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. | Calgary | Foothills/Twin Peaks Room - Full
- Wednesday, May 17 | 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. | Calgary | Foothills/Twin Peaks Room - New