Public Land Disposition Applications Moving to OneStop
Release Date: May 16, 2019
As of May 30, 2019, new, amendment, and renewal applications for the following public land disposition types must be submitted through OneStop:
- Mineral surface lease (MSL)
- Miscellaneous lease (MLL)
- Pipeline agreement (PLA)
- Pipeline installation lease (PIL)
- Licence of occupation (LOC)
- Vegetation control easement (RVC)
- Regulator Temporary Field Authorization (RTF) (formerly known as TFA)
The following public land submissions must also be submitted through OneStop:
- Site Entry notifications
- No-entry cancellations
- Plan replacements
- Submission of digital plans and shapefiles for land use activities
The above submissions can be made through the Electronic Disposition System (EDS) until 5 p.m., May 21, 2019. After that, you will not be able to make these submissions until May 30, 2019. Applications submitted through EDS will be processed and moved into OneStop once a decision is made on the application.
A spatial energy development planning tool will be made available to users in order to conduct their landscape level planning. This tool will accept a shapefile and then produce a report listing existing stakeholders and environmental restrictions within the given boundaries.
The Government of Alberta will be releasing a new edition of the Enhanced Approval Process (EAP) Manual. The manual identifies the types of Public Lands Act applications for which the Alberta Energy Regulator may make an expedited decision. The manual will be available on the open government portal: https://open.alberta.ca/publications/enhanced-approval-process-eap-manual.
To submit applications through OneStop, the following are required:
- A valid business associate (BA) code
- A valid Digital Data Submission (DDS) system account (needed to log into OneStop)
DDS administrators must assign new roles to their DDS users, which may include consulting companies that are submitting on behalf of a DDS user. The new roles for public land disposition application are as follows:
- Submit Land – enables users to access OneStop and submit applications; it includes the save application role
- Save Land – enables users to access OneStop and save draft submissions; it includes the search submission role
- Search Land – enables users to access OneStop (users cannot save or submit applications).
A system outage will be scheduled to implement these changes. Further information about this outage will be posted on our System & Tools portal on our website, www.aer.ca.
If you have questions about OneStop, please contact the AER's Customer Contact Centre by phone at 403-297-8311 (1-855-297-8311 toll free) or by email at @email.