Invitation for Feedback on Revisions to Draft Directive 077
Release Date: July 12, 2022
We are seeking feedback on updates to Directive 077: Pipelines – Requirements and Reference Tools. The draft directive is available on our website at Directives listed under the Draft/Open for Comment tab.
Following are the main proposed changes to the directive:
- inclusion of comprehensive requirements for the use of temporary surface pipelines
- revision of sections on the use of gaseous and non-fresh water as test mediums for pressure testing
- deletion of redundant content or content no longer relevant
- revised references to CSA standard Z662-19: Oil and gas pipeline systems
- revised figures and interpretation of jurisdictional boundaries for piping
- new section on the commingling of oil effluent and gas production streams
- updates to figures, tables, and forms
The proposed changes provide greater clarity, improved alignment with CSA standards, greater ability to use temporary surface pipelines, and cost savings.
To provide feedback, complete the public comment form on our website. Comments in other formats can be emailed to @email or mailed to Alberta Energy Regulator, Suite 1000, 250 – 5 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0R4. Feedback will be accepted until September 9, 2022.
All feedback received will be reviewed and may be used in finalizing the directive. The comments provided through this consultation will form part of the public record and may be attributed to the specific individual who provided them. Personal information provided with comments will be collected, used, and disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We may use the personal contact information you provide for follow-up communication related to your feedback.