Report an Emergency or Operational Complaint
To report an energy or environmental emergency, incident, or complaint, call the Energy and Environmental Emergency 24-Hour Response Line, operated by the Government of Alberta. This response line is Alberta’s single contact point for reporting environmental emergencies, incidents, and complaints and triages calls to the appropriate agencies for response, which includes the AER.
- Call 1-800-222-6514 (Energy and Environmental Emergency 24-Hour Response Line).
- If reporting emergencies in Alberta from outside Alberta, Saskatchewan, or British Columbia, please call 780-422-4505.
When reporting an emergency, incident, or complaint, please provide as much detail as possible, including the following:
- Location – If known, provide the legal land location; otherwise, provide the general location of the emergency.
- Description – Describe the nature of the emergency or complaint.
- Source – Indicate the source of the emergency or complaint. If that is not possible, describe the industrial activity that is in the area (e.g., oil and gas, agriculture, manufacturing).
Never put yourself in personal danger to gather any of the above information.
We monitor and respond to energy-related incidents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The timing and nature of our response depends on the situation.
If needed, our staff will support the company’s response and work with the local municipal authority and other provincial and federal responders. Our job is to ensure a coordinated and effective response that aligns with our requirements.
Learn more about how we deal with energy emergencies and incidents in Alberta.
For general questions, please contact our Customer Contact Centre.