We are required to give our information to anyone who makes a request under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP request). The act
- ensures that public bodies are open and accountable to the public by providing access to records, and
- protects the privacy of individuals by controlling the way public bodies collect, use, and disclose personal information.
Visit the Service Alberta website for more information about the act, including frequently asked questions.
Make a FOIP Request
A request should only be made if information cannot be obtained by other publicly available means, such as through our website or our Product and Services Catalogue.
Steps to Follow
- Complete a Request to Access Information Form. The form asks for personal contact information and what information you want to access. Review page 2 for more detailed instructions.
- There is a $25 initial search fee for all FOIP requests. Payment may be made by cheque (payable to the “Alberta Energy Regulator” or “AER”) or by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only).
- Send your completed FOIP request form, together with the $25 initial search fee, to the AER’s FOIP coordinator:
AER FOIP Coordinator
Information Business Excellence
Suite 1000, 250 – 5 Street SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0R4
The coordinator can also answer any questions you may have about completing the form.