Companies must complete and submit forms in accordance with our liability management requirements. These forms are associated with the following liability management programs:
- Mine Financial Security Program
- Oilfield Waste Liability (OWL) Program
- Site-Specific Liability Assessments
Learn more about these programs on our Liability Management Programs and Processes page.
This page also contains a form for companies wanting to submit a working interest cost claim. The entire process for working interest claims is set out on the Orphan Well Association’s website under Producers > Working Interest Claims
Geothermal and Brine-Hosted Mineral Resources
- Geothermal and Brine-Hosted Mineral Liability Estimate form [PDF]
Mine Financial Security Program (MFSP)
- MFSP Schedule 1 [PDF]
- MFSP Schedule 2 [PDF]
- MFSP Schedule 3 [PDF]
- MFSP Schedule 4 [PDF]
- Surety Bond Form [PDF] This form will not work in a browser. Download it to your desktop/drive and complete it using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. A free version of Adobe Reader is available here. When opening in Adobe, ensure you click the “Enable All Features” button for the form to load correctly.
Oilfield Waste Liability (OWL) Program
Our requirements under this program are detailed in Directive 075: Oilfield Waste Liability (OWL) Program.
- Appendix 6: Facility Netback Calculation Form [DOC] [PDF]
- Appendix 7: Facility Liability Declaration Form [DOC] [PDF]
Orphan Wells and Facilities
- Working Interest Cost Claim (updated February 2023) This form is for submitting claims for suspension, abandonment, remediation, or reclamation. The update involved converting the form from a pdf to an online form. (This form cannot be used to request reimbursement for costs funded under the Site Rehabilitation Program). See the Orphan Well Association’s website for further information about working interest claims.
Site-Specific Liability Assessments (SLA)
Our requirements under this program are detailed in Directive 001: Requirements for Site-Specific Liability Assessments in Support of the ERCB's Liability Management Programs.
- Form 001-A to 001-D [XLS]
- Form 001-E to 001-F [DOC] [PDF]
- Appendix 2 Form 001 A to F [DOC] [PDF]
- All Directive 001 Forms [ZIP]
Please note: The Microsoft Word format has been provided for your convenience. The AER will not accept any modifications to the wording of these documents.