Every month, we publish in situ water use information in our Thermal In Situ (TIS) Water Publication. The interactive dashboard allows users to filter, analyze, and download data, including
- maximum disposal limit and actual disposal,
- high-quality nonsaline water use intensity and make-up water use (%),
- produced water recycle ratio and produced water to steam ratio (to evaluate excess and recyclable produced water),
- saline water balance credit and water imbalance, and
- volumetric data (water, injection, bitumen production, etc.).
We publish this data to help companies meet the requirements of Directive 081: Water Disposal Limits and Reporting Requirements for Thermal In Situ Oil Sands Schemes.
Download the Publication
Our TIS Water Publication is supported by Tableau software.
TIS Water Publication [Tableau and MDB file formats, zipped] (updated: November 5, 2019)
The easiest way to extract the data from the TIS Water Publication is to
- Select a chart on the dashboard, and select Go To Sheet
- Right-click on the data source (e.g. TIS_For_Report_17Sept19), and select View Data/Export All
If you encounter problems opening this publication, please ensure that you are using the latest version of Tableau Reader. To download the latest version, visit the Tableau website or contact your service provider.
Find More Information
We publish industry activity lists, data, reports, and other information on a regular basis. Find more information on our Activity and Data page.
Find out how energy companies in Alberta use water by reading our annual Water Use Performance Report.